Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Big 3-0!

When Matt's 30th birthday was coming we thought, we have to do something crazy, overcome a fear and embrace your age. He planned to go skydiving, but couldn't bring himself to do it knowing he had two little boys at home. So this was the next best thing for us, safe but still involved being in the sky, just a little bit more comfortable of a ride. And, . it's impossible to miss the romance and satisfaction that's attached to a wind-in-your-hair biplane. Even though, my hair saw no wind thanks to this attractive cap.


 


I totally felt like it was a date from, "The Bachelor." We had headphones and a mic so we could talk to eachother about things we saw like, . . where we got married, the San Diego Temple. It was so awesome to see it from the sky, and how it stands out from the rest of the world. I am always amazing at how close it is to the freeway.

Our pilot told us that the house to the left with the big pool belongs to the owner of Vons.
I could be wrong but it looks like the La Jolla Caves to me. Best snorkeling ever there and everytime I swim there, it reminds me of my carefree days in Hawaii.

 

Did I also mention that the night before we stayed the night without our boys? We walked into our hotel with no diaper bag, no pack-n-play, no snacks and absolutely no diapers. It was wonderful and it was the perfect way to celebrate Matt getting older.
I am so proud of him and all he has accomplished in the 14 years I have known him. He is the kind of Father that every kid dreams of having and the kind of husband every girl hopes for. He has made me so happy and fulfilled in my life. He works so hard so I can stay home with my babies and lets me know each day how thankful he is for the things I do.  He is my biggest supporter and encourages me and helps me do the things he know will bring me confidence. I have a few regrets and have made many mistakes in my life but one of the smartest choices I have ever made was choosing him as my partner.

4 comments:

JS said...

Happy Birthday! What a great present!

Sheryl said...

Awesome photos! I'm glad I didn't pass on my fear of hights. Did you get to keep the caps?!

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

This is awesome! (definitely a bachelor date but way cooler since you are actually in a real relationship :) The view of the ocean and the temple were amazing. We may just have to copy this idea one day :)

Heidi Ann said...

I am loving this Mel! Doing the dream honors...bach style! LOVE! Matt is the best..and so are you. The temple and views are GORG!!