Thursday, March 17, 2011

Family Home Evening

Man, Corban is sooo smart. He catches onto everything we say and do. So now Family night really can be real teaching moments. He know the name of every Thomas The Tank Engine Train so he better also know about the important things in life.

Growing up, I remember looking forward to family home evening. Each of us would have an important assignment and I would spend the week preparing for it. Sometimes I planned the dessert, or the entertainment and I always wanted it to be great. There is something so wonderful about being in your own home with people you know love you unconditionally and just tuning out the world to spend quality time together. I love that I am now part of creating these moments for our little family.
Tonight we talked about our bodies and the types of foods that are good for us and the not-so-good things. The healthy nutritious food went in the old woman's body and the junk food went in the trash.




Corban could name all of these foods, except for the wine, cigarettes and "strong drink."It was great fun for us all and really easy thanks to the FHE group I joined last year that made this lesson for me. Stay tuned for more exciting Family home evening lessons!

1 comment:

Nicole and Sky said...

I love this Mel! You are such a good mom!