Thursday, January 6, 2011

Merry Christmas!

This was sadly a very bittersweet, stressful Christmas for us because we found out we would be moving the week before Christmas day. We have lived in HB for almost 4 years and had grown really close to our friends there. HB was one of those sacred places for our family because it was there that we brought both of our babies home from the hospital. It was there that I became a mom, and grew the faith to be a mom. Not to mention that we love the ocean, the sand and the sun, the humidity, the health food stores, Nordstrom rack and Trader Joes. Everything was going great! I always had my week booked with planning showers, bachelor nights, craft nights, storytime and playgroup. My friends kept me busy with fun craft projects and we loved our ward. I think the Lord knew I was getting too comfortable and needed to be challenged? At least I will tell myself that right now. The week before we moved, Matt got rear-ended and his truck got totaled. We spent the month of December on the phone with insurance companies, packing boxes and taking pictures off the walls. It was stressful but I was actually greatful because it helped me to focus on the true meaning of Christmas since I didn't really have time to do all the things I usually do to overcrowd my day. We are now here in our new home and I have been so thankful to have Matt and my boys to know that I never have to move away from them, I go where they go. Thank goodness for that.

This was also our first Christmas without seeing Matt's parents since they have moved to Idaho and we really missed being with them. My mother-in law is very sentimental and I love it. Each year she gets each of us an ornament for the Christmas tree, these were our ornaments this year: Can you tell which ornament goes to who?
Wake up Corban it's Christmas morning

He doesn't really know what is going on yet, . .

Until he sees all the presents!

I had to put this picture on because I saw the same picture of Dallin. They are two peas in a pod!
My sad attempt at making GF cinnamon rolls at least they still tasted good.
Gavin got some love from Santa too


The next day we went to the Mission Inn in Riverside
All 15 of us. Can you see the Gingerbread foodstand in the background,
some major history there.
ice skating
I was so happy that Jordan was home from Hawaii for Christmas
The precious

Santa's reindeer
My oldest sister Charity Ryan and their kids, so happy they live close
Are you ready for the cutest picture yet? Mother and son matching slippers.

At Grandma's doing our Christmas traditions. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas too.


5 comments:

Kristy said...

yay for olives on their fingers! I have to tell you how much Dallin misses Corban! Every day he asks for him and then says, "thomas the train? truck? go Corman house." Yes, he calls Corban, Corman. Funny. Can't wait to see you this weekend! We miss you a ton!

Brittany Noelle Scott said...

Mel!! I love this and I'm Sooo glad you posted such great photos. I felt like we were there with you guys and I'm so glad I got to see a little glimpse of your house and fireplace, it looks so cute!! P.s. I never knew matt totaled his truck, is he okay?? So sad! Call me sometime!

Heidi Ann said...

Honey!! Such cute pictures. I loved reading your post. Ups and downs in life but you always keep a good attitude. That's the Mel that I love! Where did you move to? I was riding along the North Shore yesterday, sat for hours on bikini beach and then the point watching the waves crash and probably talked about you for an hour. Our time together, going to watch the dolfins, cleaning Jeanie's, our long love, life and mission talks! I am so happy to have you as my friend. You are such an inspiration and I just love you! Email me your number again. I just had to get a new phone so lost all my numbers. Love you!

Kristin said...

Miss you! Happy New Year!

Nicole and Sky said...

MEL! Love the Post!! Thanks for your bday call, Love you!! I want to see more pics of the house! Looks like you made it great! I miss little Corban and Gavin!