Since I grew up in Calimesa not too far from Beaumont, I remember those sunsets being the most beautiful from anywhere I have ever been. The other day I drove past the house I grew up in and so many good memories came back to me. Trees we planted when I was in third grade are enormous and overgrown. it made me so happy, I felt like my family and I had left our mark by planting those trees. Another interesting thing is that I go to church in the same building I did when I was young and I have such a different perspective as I walk down the hall now that I am older and much much wiser. It is all very interesting and gives me moments of reflection to think about my life and choices I made when I was younger to get to where I am now.
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
We Have a Backyard!!
So, leaving HB was really hard but there were some definite perks about moving to Beaumont. We got to be closer to family, which has been really cool and we got a house with a backyard!! It turns out Beaumont is really windy but looking on the bright side, we always have clean air and clear skies.
Since I grew up in Calimesa not too far from Beaumont, I remember those sunsets being the most beautiful from anywhere I have ever been. The other day I drove past the house I grew up in and so many good memories came back to me. Trees we planted when I was in third grade are enormous and overgrown. it made me so happy, I felt like my family and I had left our mark by planting those trees. Another interesting thing is that I go to church in the same building I did when I was young and I have such a different perspective as I walk down the hall now that I am older and much much wiser. It is all very interesting and gives me moments of reflection to think about my life and choices I made when I was younger to get to where I am now.
The development we live in has a little park we can walk to so most mornings that is what we do. We all win, I get to exercise a bit, Corban gets to play and gets worn out for nap-time which also benefits me and Gavin loves to sleep in the stroller.
I have totally become the Mom that puts way too many clothes on her
Since I grew up in Calimesa not too far from Beaumont, I remember those sunsets being the most beautiful from anywhere I have ever been. The other day I drove past the house I grew up in and so many good memories came back to me. Trees we planted when I was in third grade are enormous and overgrown. it made me so happy, I felt like my family and I had left our mark by planting those trees. Another interesting thing is that I go to church in the same building I did when I was young and I have such a different perspective as I walk down the hall now that I am older and much much wiser. It is all very interesting and gives me moments of reflection to think about my life and choices I made when I was younger to get to where I am now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah! I'm so happy that you updated your blog and I love your little backyard! Corban is growing up to be such a little man, I love it! Can't wait to come see you guys!
Post a Comment