Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Baby is TWO!

Matt and I decided that for Corban's 2nd birthday we would go WHALE WATCHING. Not only is this something we thought sounded fun but, Corban loves fish and the BLUE WHALES are migrating! I loved putting this party together because even though Corban will never understand all the work it took, one day he can look back at these pictures and know that it was just a small way for me to serve him on his birthday.
This birthday banner was so fun to sew and I will definitely be getting some good use out of it so it may show up in a few more pictures.

My first photoshop creation, . . water bottle labels! It was fun to see everyone on the boat with Corban's picture on their bottle.

Of course, goldfish favor bags.

I guess I should be glad he is afraid of fire?!

Time to get on the boat, we had over 35 people in our group, 12 which were kids and babies, 1 pregnant lady, (me), and 9 cars looking for non-existent parking. Of the 35 people, 3 that got a little sea sick, one of which threw up over 5 times.

Corban with his ladies, Kavella and Eden

We were so lucky to have our family come out from Yucaipa, Riverside, San Diego to brave the 91 and 405 traffic and Matt's family that came out from Idaho!

Best seat in the house. Mark never left his post.
The man of the hour, he was smiling the whole time.
Turns out it is really hard to spy the spout of the whale when it is windy so I confess that we did not see a whale. We did however get to see, . . .




We would have been happy with just the boat ride. We scored 5 tickets for next time, a dolphin stuffed animal and time with the people we love the most in the Pacific Ocean.

And, . . I had to include some of these pictures from his actual birthday on the 16th. Of course I woke him up singing happy birthday.
It was like he knew it was his special day
And I had to make him his favorite breakfast:
french toast with syrup, scrambled eggs
and apple sauce.

Happy Birthday little man, you are so big! You use a fork to eat your food, you can hold my hand and walk with me, get into your car seat, copy anything you hear and give me the best hugs and kisses. You have your own way of doing things, your own opinions and preferences. The more I know you, the more there is for me to adore and love. I have a feeling, (and faith) this is going to be the year of the terrific not terrible twos.

7 comments:

JS said...

You did such a fantastic job! The party was so cute. I loved whale watching... and I am wondering when we are gong again. :)

Also, you are so creative. I loved your awesome cupcakes and the awesome water bottles! They were so cool. I have told so many people the facts I learned about blue whales.

You little party planner you!

Anonymous said...

THis looks like so much fun!! Again, wish we could have been there!! Happy bday Corban!!

Kings

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

You are way too cute! That is an awesome birthday party and I'm jealous of the whale watching...so fun :)

Brittany Noelle Scott said...

aww this looks like you guys had so much fun, I wish we could have gone!! I miss the ocean, even though we never lived very close to it, I still love it! Can we go to the beach when the Scotts come out to Disneyland? We're thinking late october/early november so you can come too! Happy Birthday Corban, looks like it was a special day!

Brittany Noelle Scott said...

P.S. the water bottles turned out awesome - watch out photoshop, here comes Mel!

KelBelle said...

Melody! You're such a great Mom! Your cupcakes were amazing and the water bottles were darling! We're so glad we got to go whale watching with Corban for his B-day! Love you guys!

{autie} said...

Happy Birthday, Corban! You have such a cute mom and dad!
Great job on the party and all the trimmings, Mel...I LOVE IT!