So summer break is here and it is time for me to up my Mom game. So happy I get a break from homework but I can't help but think of my kid's teachers everyday that I am home on summer break with all four kids finding them things to do, breaking up fights and exercising patience from sun up till sun down. Teachers, you are amazing! So the biggest thing that helps me is to have a plan the night before so we don't waste time in the morning when the girls are still happy and home when they get cranky for a nap by 12.
Today we had to run some errands in Redlands so I wanted to take them to the A.K. Smiley Library that was built in 1894 and which is of course the most amazing library that exists. I love the unique architecture and custom stained glass windows. If you don't live in Redlands you can pay $30 for a yearly membership but Redlands citizens are free.
Yes, I did feel like a freak show a little walking through the library with 4 crazy kids but once we got to the children's section there was so much for them to do that they were entertained. Puppets, games, puzzles, computers and books!
And I discovered that in their contemporary club on Friday mornings from 10:30-11:30 they have yoga classes so you bet we will be there for that!
After you explore the library go check out the gardens and Lincoln Shrine right behind the library.
more info: www.akspl.org
Story Time
Bring your little ones and enjoy storytelling from our wonderful group of readers!
Hindi Story Time 6:30 – 7:00 p.m.
Spanish Story Time 10:15 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
Chinese Story Time 5:45 p.m. – 6:15 p.m. (cancelled for May 16, 30 & June 6, 2017)
Pajama Story Time: 7:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Preschoolers: Ages 4-6 10:15-11:15 a.m. ~ story time + craft time
Tiny Tots: Ages 2-3, 10:15-10:30 a.m., 10:40-10:55 a.m.















No comments:
Post a Comment