Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Perspective

 TODAY I was so inspired. First of all it is summer break and I love having slow mornings with my little guys. We woke up, ate breakfast and cleaned up the house to get ready to go swim for the day when I came across this sweet Instagram post from: https://www.instagram.com/kellyejensen/. Her words were perfect and changed my perspective for the entire day.

She said:

  • "These little hearts are working overtime to understand their place. Their purpose. Their worth. The world will weigh them down and I want to hold them up. 
    I want to see and treat each moment for what it is - not let my day, or interactions or tides of life color it urgent or troublesome or something it's not. 
    Arent wonderful childhood memories made up of stolen popsicles at midnight? Or grace or laughter when you've come to expect different?
    Then I can give you that. 
    Sometimes a mess is just a mess or a day is just a bad one... And the best thing we can give our people is someone who lovingly let's it be just that. ❤️"







Wow it was so true that it hit me to the core and I took the time today to realize that my little people are trying to find their place in the world and it is not easy for them. I want them to always hear my voice in their heads; don’t give up, don’t be afraid of hard things. 
Don’t miss 
the chance 
to see what 
you are 
capable of. 
You will conquer and be empowered. The best thing I can do is to be their cheerleader and the voice in their head that says they CAN do hard things and try again. And while I am telling them this, maybe I should believe it myself too.

I really wanted to bond with my boys today so I swam with them. We did all kinds of races, treading water competitions and learned who could hold their breath the longest. I taught them both the breast stroke and how to play Heart and Soul on the piano. I could tell that today they felt loved and appreciated and to be honest, they made me feel that same way. I hope they remember this day and treasure it as much as I do. 

Also last thing, I am teaching the boys how to use my camera so these pictures are from this morning. 


1 comment:

Myra said...

Such the cuteness!! I love you mel!