My boys inspire me. How could you not be inspired by looking into these eyes? They have kind hearts, they are eager to learn, they teach me about true Christlike love.
I just wanted to give a little update on them.
Corban: He is about 80% potty trained and is so proud of himself and he should be. He says his own prayers for all three meals and before he goes to bed. He prays for our family and extended family by name. Last night he said, "thank you for our home, thank you for Edison (Matt's job), thank you for primary, and then prayed for each last one of his Grandma's. He also prayed that Daddy would feel better soon when Matt was sick and told me, "Heavenly Father answers my prayers." He is in Sunbeams in Primary and is soaking up everything. I am the chorister in primary so I get to see his adorable round little face in the front row belting out all the songs. He also knows his ABC's and is learning to write his name. He is in preschool one day a week and says the Pledge of Allegiance, by don't schools do this anymore? He completely takes care of his brother. Begs me to wake up Gavin in the morning and comforts him when he cries. I have proof at the end of this post. He is mastering sharing everyday and has so many questions that make me smile. Yesterday he told me it smelt like hot dogs outside and so I went outside and smelt barbeque. He is smart and inciteful. He is the one that will run to your side when you stubb your toe and ask if he can get you a "ban-baid" He is just getting more and more handsome and after three years I still can't stop kissing him all day long.
Gavin: I still see him as my little baby. He sucks his thumb and I just can't help cradle him in my arms and breathe him in deep. Gavin has the best smell, ever. I think he gets that from his Dad because Matt is the only other person that has a smell that draws me in. Gavin is at the cutest age, he still has the gooey arms, legs, hands, cheeks, buns and it just makes him irresistible when you see him run by. He has a little belly that makes all his shirts fit snug and the cutest fine hair that curls at the end when I let it grow out a bit. He is a go-getter. He has plans in his day of what he has to accomplish, and he shows his temper when he doesn't get his way. He is a natural leader and runs himself ragged keeping up with his older brother. He loves eating and eats pretty much anything you put in front of him. His favorite food is bananas, eats at least two a day and gets mad if I cut it up, he wants to hold it in his fist. He is also such a good sleeper, both the boys are. They are in bed by 6:30 and don't wake up till 6:30 in the am. Gavin has so many words, trick or treat, what is that? Amen, thank you, banana, no, yes, love you, to name a few. I can't even imagine our family without Gavin, he makes us all laugh and dances really good. He is a self-soother but still loves a good snuggle and would let me hold him all day.

I love these pictures of the boys because if you contrast it from the one at the top of the blog, you can see how attached they are to eachother. Corban was reluctant at first to get close to Gavin but now I cannot imagine them apart.
Corban and Gavin, you will do amazing things in this life. You have so much to offer the world and have every reason to be the best at anything you put your mind to. I will probably always be your biggest fan but not just because I am your mom, but for the reason that I know you are just that amazing.






2 comments:
We love these two cuties! Gavin is becoming quite the little model now too.
Those are the sweetest boys. I love how Corban is so sweet to his little brother. And how each little kid can be so unique and different. Glad you guys are doing well. Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment