Sunday, May 22, 2011

Church. . .

. . . can be more challenging with little guys. You have to come prepared with lots of snacks and toys to entertain busy hands. You find yourself making chapstick and keys so interesting so they will spend just another 30 seconds playing with it and you can get a morsel of upliftment. I have a whole new appreciation for young families at church. Thank goodness that when all else fails, we have the iphone. Corban loves seeing video of himself so this kept him entertained for a while. I can see why, who wouldn't love a blond curly-haired boy with a yellow tie?



I have accepted the fact that during this season of my life I may not be able to listen without distractions and it will just help me appreciate the times in the future when I can. I am sure by then I will miss the chubby busy hands and be distracted looking at the babies around me. For now and the next while, it feels good to have a baby on my hip. Tonight our little family took a walk around the block and Corban wanted to walk next to me and hold my hand. For some reason it made my day and I held his little hand so tight.


What do you do to keep your kids busy during church?

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

His cheeks and hair are just way too cute!! Seeing his smiling face cracks me up.