Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Crescent Bay Loveliness

I decided that I should be a beach connoisseur, I think that is a job that Corban and I could do very well together. So here is the first featured beach, Crescent Bay. Living in California there are so many beautiful beaches to explore and they are all different and have something new to offer. I will add a list to my blog of beaches I feature because lets be honest, the beach is free fun and there is nothing that can put life into perspective like a trip to the beach.

Grandma and Grandpa Odell Aymie and Rick and our good friends the Jensens came to HB to hang out for the day so of course we had to start the day at 9th street surfing and then later we headed for Crescent Bay for the sunset.



Grandma Odell playing with Corban in the ice cold water.

Aymie and Corban


He made a friend!


This is where we parked, turn right at Crescent Bay off PCH, after Crystal Cove


We made it just in time for the sun to go down, didn't get the best pictures of the bay but the experience was definitely worth it.



I am totally in love with this little cove, it reminds me of another cove on the North Shore that I dream about, Cawella Bay. It is just right off PCH in Laguna Beach you park in a fabulously rich neighborhood on the side streets so parking is free and there is a little walk way with stairs down the cliff to the cove. I will post better pictures when I go in the daytime but there are tidepools for kids to find cool sea life, little caves to explore, a really mellow blow hole and a ton of scuba divers. It is an awesome place to take a canoe, really mellow waves except a shore break, not windy since you are in a cove and there are even bathrooms, showers and drinking fountains. The sand is like real beach sand too, really clean, I never see any trash here. It can get crowded in the summer since it is such a small space but spring time is the best. Also for you romantics, grab a dinner at sunset and take it here, so private and intimate. The houses on the cliff overlooking this bay are amazing and all different styles.
Maybe we will see you here soon!

4 comments:

JS said...

We love Cresent bay. It is our little secret place we go! I think the water is warmer, and the sand is nicer. :)

Glad you had fun.

Brittany Noelle Scott said...

I want to go!!! Can we go to the beach when I come down there?? I have been CRAVING the beach!

Ashley Slaten said...

we've been going to that beach for about 15 years and never knew what it was called, so thanks. I like walking around the neighborhood and dreaming too. Love the idea...can't wait for more reviews!

Dixons said...

I'm SOOOO jealous right now. I wonder when it will get easier for me to read your blog posts (without getting homesick!).