Sometimes my mind drifts off to past experiences in my life. I find that although those experiences didn't mean a great deal at the time, when I am reminded of it later in life, it makes sense in a way I hadn't really thought of before.
Today I was thinking about one of my nurses when I had Corban. She was my favorite nurse, so kind, caring and encouraging about my new responsibilities as a mom. I felt like she believed in me. Because I had a c-section, Matt and I stayed 4 long days in the hospital and really got to know this particular nurse. One day she said to me, "You are so lucky you have such a good man, a man you can tell really loves you." I was happy that she could feel that by being around us and it got me thinking how lucky I really was.
Over the next couple days she shared with me how she was so lonely. She had an arranged marriage in Irag. She opened up about how her husband did not love her and was abusive. She had accepted her loveless life and felt she would never have or experience what Matt and I had.
I tried to give her all the love I had to give since I knew she was in need but was left wishing there was more I could do. I think sometimes Heavenly Father opens our eyes by letting us into other's trials. Today I was reminded of how thankful I am for a loving husband. He is so good at making me feel loved.
These are just a few reasons why I know he is such a good man and loves me. I attribute his integrity to his awesome parents that raised him with such high morals.
-Even at 17 years old he was the boy that treated me with the most respect. He was and is always kind and thoughtful, opens doors, makes sure I am full, warm, comfortable and happy.
- I love it that at 19 years old he had a desire to be closer to the Lord and find a church he could raise his family in.
-Matt always gives me the best and never complains.
-He loves my family
-He is very sensitive and appreciates even the smallest thing I do. He always says, "Thank you for doing my laundry, or dinner was very good when he knows I need to hear it."
-He can't fall asleep without me next to him.
-He encourages me to travel outside the comfort zone and makes me want to stretch myself.
-Whenever we get extra money, he suggests I can use it to buy new clothes.
-He feels joy knowing that he is financially taking care of our family.
-He always says, us, our, never me, mine.
-He notices the smallest details, even when I try a new mascara.
-He makes me feel beautiful.
-He works so hard so I can be a stay at home mom.
-Lets be honest he is very very good looking.
-He cooks for me and puts so much effort into the presentation.
-He thinks I am funny.
-He is such a good listener and lets me vent without saying a word.
-He loves learning about the Savior and reading the scriptures.
-He can't drive by a broke-down car without offering to help.
-He likes telling people he is married.
-He says I am his favorite person to surf with.
-If he finds something exciting, he wants to share it with me first.
-He makes cute babies.
-He always puts me before himself.
-He makes an effort to still always look nice and smell good around me.
-He takes me on dates.
-He was my highschool promdate.
-I will never have to hire a "handyman" because I am married to one. He fix anything.
-He is so creative and always shares ideas with me of how he is going to fix up our dream home.
-He puts everything into being a good Father.
-I love love love him. It is so wonderful to be in love!
3 comments:
We are so happy and proud you are part of our family Melody! We love and admire the family you and Matthew are building.
Robert and Sheryl
P.S. If Matthew wrote a list about you, we know it would be just as long.
This post was so cute! I am almost tearing up and filled with emotion! You can always count on Mel to give me those kind of reactions! YOu are so sweet...and Matt is to you. I always remember after you married him saying "I just can't believe how much I love him. I never thought I could love him more and more...and I do. " So cute, thanks for your example.
thank you for sharing this Mel- I loved reading it and thinking about all the wonderful reasons I love MY husband.... Sounds like you've got a real special guy there. I'm so happy for you!
Post a Comment