Can you believe I was one of the 11,000 people who got to attend M.J.'s Memorial! It was such a neat experience. This was the line up of people that spoke and performers:
Mariah Carey
Jennifer Hudson
John Mayer
Lionel Richie
Stevie Wonder
Jeremine Jackson
Usher
Kobe Bryant,
Berry Gordy
Magic Johnson,
Martin Luther King III
Smokey Robinson
Rev. Al Sharpton
Brooke Shields
and more!
I was mostly suprised at the respectful and reverant attitude everyone seemed to have at the memorial. I guess I expected it to be more crazy but it really did feel like such an intimate service with the Jackson family. I have always loved Michael Jackson as an artist. No question that his music always makes me feel good when I am having a bad day and lets not even get started with his dancing! Being from a family that takes dancing very seriously, we have always looked up to M.J. He just demands attention when you watch him perform and he does it with this incredible passion that makes you want to do whatever it is that you do- better. I grew up watching his videos with my sisters and pausing it VHS style to try to learn the moves so you see, he is just part of so many good memories I have with my siblings and I will always be greatful to that.
8 comments:
that is so crazy you got to go!!! you are a legend!! :)
Honestly Melody, I've been waiting to see a blog about M.J., just didn't know you full on went to the memorial. Just seems right that you should be a part of his farewell.
I love that you went! You are so funny! Glad you had fun~
I too-was thinking that you would have a post about Michael. That is great that you went to the memorial. I will always remember that you love Michael Jackson and hate Kid Rock. Haha.
Mel, I remember you performing one of his numbers in your sisters' apartment and thinking there was alot I didn't know about you during our mission companion time (obviously not this one). When the news hit I instantly thought of you and put a couple of his songs on my playlist for you.- LaRae
Of course I am commenting on our MICHAEL!! All I can think about is us reminiscing about how much we love him and would cry watching the music videos and study every dance on every song. You KNOW we did Michael dances daily at the quiet house and of course at YOUR WEDDING! Would have been your wedding without a few moonwalks and thriller moves :) Love you
A memorable day for sure.... and we were there. Thank you for sharing it with me Mel Mel. I love you.
MOM
Post a Comment