HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!


Most people eat chips and salsa on May 5th for Cinco De Mayo, but for us, we celebrate another year of being married! Chante' just scanned these pictures for me so I am so excited to share with all of you one of the best days of my life.
Matt and I have a long history that goes back to highschool. We have watched eachother grow in so many ways. Looking back, I never would have thought I would have met my husband at Yucaipa High School, but all I know is that the Lord really wanted us to be together and that is one of the ways I know the Lord really knows and loves me. I don't want to get mushy but if you can't tell, I really love this guy. Here is a little walk down memory lane.



The girls minus one absent bridesmaid- Nicole! (on her mission)
The guys, aren't they so handsome?
You KNOW I had to dance at the reception!
I love this picture because it was right when we were walking into the temple. I think we were both nervous but in this picture Matt is calming me down. One of the many reasons he is perfect for me.Ok so here are some pictures from the dating years, (seven to be exact!)
We are at Disneyland, and Matt was going to the MTC in the next few days. He flew me home from Hawaii to hang out before he left. That was hard to say bye!
This is after the mission and Matt was still in the akward stage to say the least. I made him this wonderful dinner with the help of my good friend Tianna at our place.
Me-" Oh my gosh Matt, someone is in there!"
We are at Disneyland, and Matt was going to the MTC in the next few days. He flew me home from Hawaii to hang out before he left. That was hard to say bye!
This is after the mission and Matt was still in the akward stage to say the least. I made him this wonderful dinner with the help of my good friend Tianna at our place.These next few pictures are when we got engaged. There was no way possible I could have said no to this proposal. Just a little background, I had absolutely no idea he was going to propose, we never talked about it, looked at rings etc. so I was totally suprised, which made it so romantic.
I served my mission in Kirtland, OH so Kirtland is such a sacred place to me. In Provo, UT, there is an LDS film studio where they replicate the buildings in Kirtland to make church films. Matt and I went there with Brittany for the day because she was painting some church history scenes, (She actually asked Matt to be one of her models and he had to wear 1800's time period clothes and carry Britt's art teacher which is making me laugh right this second and is a whole other story). Anyways Matt saw the way my face lit up being there at the Kirtland film studio so he got permission to propose to me there later that night. This is what he said to get me there,
I served my mission in Kirtland, OH so Kirtland is such a sacred place to me. In Provo, UT, there is an LDS film studio where they replicate the buildings in Kirtland to make church films. Matt and I went there with Brittany for the day because she was painting some church history scenes, (She actually asked Matt to be one of her models and he had to wear 1800's time period clothes and carry Britt's art teacher which is making me laugh right this second and is a whole other story). Anyways Matt saw the way my face lit up being there at the Kirtland film studio so he got permission to propose to me there later that night. This is what he said to get me there,
Matt-"I left my sweater at the LDS film studio, can we pick it up and then go to dinner?"
Me, "Yeah no problem"
We pull up and start walking through the snow to get his sweater and this is what I see. . .
Me-" Oh my gosh Matt, someone is in there!"Matt-"Your right do you think it is safe?"
This place was totally deserted and it's in the middle of a little forest so I thought maybe some wickin's or something were inside doing some crazy stuff so I said, . .
Me-"I'm scared, let's come back later."
Matt- "Ok maybe we should come back later, well I am just going to knock."
It sounds funny now but I was really scared. I made him carry me on his back and he opened the door and this is what we saw. . .

It was seriously sooo romantic. There were candles everywhere and it lit up the little log cabin so cute. There was even a picture of us on the mantle from Hawaii. It took me a second but then I realized he had done it all for me. At this point I just thought he had planned it as a date. Me-"Wow, how I can't believe you did all of this, thank you, are you cold why are you shaking."
At this point I realized he was on his knee and he was nervous so his hands were shaking in my hands.
You know what happened next and how could I not say no. This last picture is us leaving with a new piece of jewelry on my left hand if you know what I mean! Thanks Britt for taking these pictures, I am so glad I have them now.
And as if that weren't enough, I came home and there were roses and rose petals all over my bed. I love being married to such a creative stud.



8 comments:
Happy Anniversary Matt and Mel! Hope you get a nice night on the town to celebrate. see you soon! right?
You guys are seriously the cutest! I can't imagine a more perfect couple! I'm so glad we are friends!
That was so fun! I'm glad I got to be a part of your engagement and I'm glad it was so perfect for you mel mel! I had so much fun when you guys lived up here and I hope someday I can live down there with you! Happy anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! Ours was May 2nd! Thinking all day beach Friday if your interested!!!
Mel and Matt! Happy anniversary! I loved your pictures and I LOVED being at your wedding. The dancing was the best (and harp music of course :) You are my favorites! I gave you a shout out on my blog for working at GUESS together and introducing it to me... :) Miss you guys and love you! Your wedding was a dream!
that is such a cute story! congrats!
Wow! Three years--congratulations! You guys are such love birds! I'll never forget your anniversary b/c it's my little sister's anniversary, too! Matt must be one of the most thoughtful guys I know!
Matt & Melody,
I enjoyed reading everything here particularly your love story, it is so cute! You are so cute together and Corban is such a darling baby boy! I love the pictures! You are such warm, loving people! It's a blessing to be your friend!
Alma Grace
Post a Comment