Sunday, May 17, 2009

Getting Crafty

I have always admired my crafty friends, (Jen S., Autie, Kristy, Kim, Stephanie, Holly, Chante', Shell, Charity and Sheryl), to name a few and I have often wondered how they can whip up something so creative and cute in an hour and the same thing takes me a few weeks! I have just accepted the fact that it will take a while to get the hang of it all especially sewing.
So know you can all understand why I am so proud of these mother's day gifts I made for my beautiful, wonderful moms. Mother's day is all about the homemade gifts anyways right? I can't wait until Corban can make me something for Mother's day. It will mean so much to me.

This is a card organizer, got the idea from Autie. Just a cute way to organize all of your cards by month. Each month has an envelope that holds all of the cards for that month and it also has a place for you to write all of the important dates.




A lot of sweat went into this one but I am so proud of it. It is a scripture bag and I am in the process of making a matching one for myself.
Can you see the little ruffle at the bottom, oh yeah I made it myself with the help of Jen's Mom!


I got a sewing machine for Christmas from my Mom and I just decided to break open the box and teach myself. Let's just say I am blest to have good friends that live nearby that can run over to save me after I accidently have the sewing machine set on the button setting instead of sewing straight lines. (This is a true story, I couldn't figure out why the needle was jumping all over the place).

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I love your creations! You are officially crafty :)