Thursday, September 4, 2014

Being a Parent

The other day I woke up to the strongest smell of urine. 
Corban woke up at 3:06 the night before because he was scared of a bad dream he had, I wrapped my arms around him and cuddled him in bed, loving every second of it. In the morning, to my surprise he loved it too because he peed, in my bed!! 
He never pees the bed, like for the last 3 years never! 
It just so happened to be the one day i took off the waterproof lining off to wash it so yes our new pillowtop mattress was soaked with pee and it smelt strong! 
It was a school day we jumped out of bed and I started waking up Gavin and Harper. First Gavin, take off his covers only to find out I forgot to put on his overnight diaper and he peed the bed too.
 I make him get in the bathtub with Corban, next Harper is awake, run in her room and guess what, she pulled off her diaper and her bed is also soaked in pee. 
Our house smelt like a toliet and I was running around on the verge of loosing it all the while making breakfast, lunches and helping everyone get dressed. 
I was still sick about my mattress being ruined imagining having to smell urine all night while I was sleeping. Thank goodness for pinterest because I found out a little vinegar and baking soda would get out the urine.
 It worked like a charm, the baking soda pulled out the smell, it was a miracle. 
That night, Matt and I slept on the couch while the baking soda was doing it's magic on our peed bed and we laughed, we laughed at our situation and the things that children put you through. 
At that moment, I really needed a laugh and I was so thankful to share my life with a man who could laugh off the hard times. 
Because this season in my life will soon change and I will no longer have young children. 
So I can make it through this season knowing if Pee is my biggest challenge then I have it pretty good. Here are some pictures from our Doheny beach day. 











1 comment:

Sheryl said...

Very cute photos! Twice I have checked "interesting" or "cool" or one of those, but it doesn't hold. Hopefully this comment will.