Friday, August 22, 2014

Life is Good

This is a picture that even just looking at could bring me to tears, I am usually the one behind the camera so when I get one of these gems it makes me feel like I am doing something important, purposeful and that it will be remembered. Harper was only 3 months old, my first girl and I was thrilled that I would have something feminine of myself to impart to her. I had thrived on raising boys and teaching them to be good men with integrity, but I used my husband and good men I knew as role models. Now that I had a girl, I was the role model and that took motherhood to a whole new level to me. Knowing that, I wanted to be the best role model I could possibly be. I wanted to be the kind of woman that my daughter would look up to and be proud of. I wanted to do all the things that I would one day hope she lived up to. What a blessing these children are, they keep us on the right track and trying to be more like him. I guess that is why the Savior said, "Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." So Corban, Gavin and Harper, teach me.

No comments: