Sunday, September 30, 2012

Her Birth Story

This is Harper and I just about a week before she was born. I had been having contractions for about a week before I went into labor. I dismissed it as braxton-hicks since I still had about 4 weeks till my October 3rd due date.
It was the Sunday of the primary program and as the primary chorister I was in charge of standing in front of the congregation to direct all the children. I kept feeling contractions throughout the program and the next hour at church but it wasn't until I realized I was in so much pain during the contractions that they would make me start to cry that I thought maybe I should go home. So we went home, and I started to really feel it more and they were not going away so the mad rush began to pack a hospital bag and get out the door. When we got to the hospital I was in active labor with contractions just two minutes apart. Matt had to park in a handicapped spot and run me in a wheel chair. I literally could not have made it without that wheel chair!
 
 
 Harper Brooke Odell was born a few hours later at 4:54 PM on September 16th, 2012
She weighed 8.3lbs and was 20 inches long. My biggest baby yet and three weeks early.



My first thoughts when I saw her was how happy I was that she had so much hair! My living doll!
 
 
I couldn't wait to introduce her to her brothers, they came a few hours after she was born and got to love on her. Our family felt more complete.

 
I got to go home after my second day in the hospital. I am always so amazed at how tired I look in pictures the first few weeks of having a new little one. Matt had the whole house clean and stocked with food when I got home. He was so proud to pick up his girls from the hospital.


 
First bath 
 
Cousins!

 
Matt is in love. He will just hold her and talk to her all day. It has brought out a new side in him as a father, more sensitivity, more patience. Who knew a girl could do that?

It has also brought out a new side in her brothers. I love seeing how delicate they are with her.

5 comments:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

You are SO cute pregnant! What a beautiful little girl, such a wonderful new addition to the family.

Aub said...

what a little princess! I'm glad you made it to the hospital on time! Think of all the uncomfortable pregnant time having her early saved you!

Anonymous said...

love it! congrats!

eli&joelynn said...

those cheeks!! congrats you guys! she is a beaut!

Brittany said...

We can't wait to meet her!!