Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Best Time of The Day . . .

Is always the end of the day.




There is a sense of real accomplishment that comes each time I lay my boys in bed clean, smelling good with full bellies. I scan over the day and remember 1 big tantrum, changing 9 poopie diapers, preparing 6 different meals and at least 4 different snacks doing 3 loads of laundry, pulling the boys around the cul-de-sac 7 times in a red wagon, taking the boys in and out of the car 3 times, packing 4 snacks, buying 96 diapers, carrying at least 60 pounds between the boys and my diaper bag into Ross because they don't have a cart you can load in the parking lot, washing 2 fuzzy heads in the bathtub, reading 2 bedtime stories, singing 3 songs, saying one goodnight prayer. And then Corban tells me he loves me and kisses me goodnight and I forget all the challenging parts of the day


And then I think, wow, I did, I can for sure do this again tomorrow.


Gavin is such a little boy! We taped him playing trucks.




This is what happens to a almost-three year old who thinks he does not need a nap.


3 comments:

Sheryl said...

They are so precious and the video of Corban is absolutely hilarious!!

Brittany said...

Mel, I love this post!! They are so adorable and I can't wait for them to play with Coleman so soon!!

Myra said...

Darling sweeties......Mel you are such a good mama......it's so easy to see how much you love being a mom!!!!