Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Gratitude

Today I did not leave the house, it was very windy outside and I do not like the wind, it makes everything more difficult, especially with kids. I was thinking how much sometimes in our lives it can feel like we are in a constant windstorm. Sometimes it can be hard to just do those basic things because we are fighting against the wind. I know we all have trials but it seems like lately I have seen people very close to me go through hard things and it makes me reflect on my blessings. As I was making dinner I just kept thinking of so many instances where someone served me recently. So I thought this might be a good place to thank some of you for helping me in my own windstorm.

It is so interesting to me how Corban can and does serve me. He loves to read and it is always such a relief to find him in his room reading when I realize I am spending way too much time on my make-up and can't hear him. Today I am grateful he kept saying sorry to me, I love that he is learning his manners. When he looks up at me turns his head to the side and says, "I sorry mommy," it makes my heart melt and yes, I admit the first time I heard him I cried.

The other day I had a church meeting at my house and I had both boys crying on my lap and my mom showed up out of nowhere, changed both diapers and played with them. Thank you!!

We have all been missing our HB friends. I was so grateful last week when Steph, Kristy and Becky drove over an hour to get here to hang out with us. As you can see, Gavin was very happy as he put the moves on his new little girlfriend Chloe. These three are all within two months of eachother


One of Corban's best friends Dallin, they have spent time playing together since they were born. I am thankful Corban has good friends to play with. As you can see he copies anything he does.



I am thankful Lori told me about the Beaumont storytime it is seriously amazing such a hidden gem in this little city. They read stories, have dance time, singing time, playtime with all sorts of lakeshore toys and even provide a snack. So grateful for Miss Nancy at the Beaumont Library.

Today Charity came over with this awesome GF dinner stirfry mix for me. I didn't know what I was going to make for dinner and she just surprised with it. I am so happy to be closer to her. Corban loves his cousins, he got to play with them too.
Matt and I had to give talks in church the other and we didn't know what to do with our kids since we aren't super close with anyone in our ward yet and Amber came to watch them both, thank you!
Grandma Beeghley got me a new GF cooking book, I have already spent hours pouring over new receipes to try.
The other week when we were all sick, Mark showed up at my door with a kitchen full of groceries. Seriously, this only happens in movies, I can't believe it really happened for me! Thanks!
Right before I moved Jenn gave me this awesome rug that I love. I look at it everyday and think of her and all she has done for me.
The other day Matt surprised me with an itunes gift card.
I spent all night discovering new music.
Another one for Matt, he helped me commit to doing a half marathon in May. He knows I love running and encourages me to venture out of my comfort zone to take on a challenge that will ultimately build myself. Thank you, I am so happy I married you.
I really hadn't realized I had so many reasons to be thankful until I really thought about them. I know there are so many more. I am learning that in those moments of serving someone else, you find happiness in it's purest form.

2 comments:

Heidi Ann said...

You are my favorite. So deep, so passionate, so fun and crazy at the same time! Yes, life seems like a windstorm sometimes. It sure does take our strength to stop, breath, connect with God and see the simple blessings amongst the storm. Thank you for sharing. Yes, we need to catch up asap! I don't even know where the city you moved to is. Closer to your family I guess? What little blessings you are having. The boys seem like a dream! I love you and miss you always!

Kristina said...

You are so amazing! Life can be so crazy, but it is so important to take a moment and recognize the hand of the Lord in our lives. I love Elder Eyring's talk about that a couple of years ago. We are all so blessed, we just need to recognize it! We love you guys and miss you!