Corban looks up to his dad so much, he followed him into the cold water when he started to paddle out, now that is love.
I feel like I learn more about love the older and wiser I become. I first felt love with my family growing up. I really learned how to love on my mission as I spent every waking minute praying for others and loosing myself to serve them.
Now that I am married, I am complete, and completely in love with someone I am progressing and moving forward with. I find myself quietly thinking of all the things I love about him when I watch him walk into a room or talk to others. He occupies the most sacred part of my heart and I am thankful that it will never change.
I thought I knew all there was to know about love until I had my boys. You can't help but love a new little person who is innocent in everyway and sees the world through your eyes. There is an overwelming feeling of wanting to give them every opportunity and do whatever it takes to not have to see them fall or get hurt.
Funny things like; You pray that the kids at the park will be kind and let your child play with them when you can tell he desperately wants to play with them. Or how the sound of their cry is absolute agony to you and will get you to jump out of bed at 2:00 am with a pounding migrane. I love my children fiercely and all I can think of is that is how our Heavenly Father must feel for us. If I truly am a child of God, I can't imagine it any other way.
Elder Uchdorf has said, "Think of the purest, most all-consuming love you can imagine. Now multiply that love by an infinite amount-that is the measure of God's love for you.
God does not look on the outward appearance. I believe that He doesn't care one bit if we live in a castle or a cottage, if we are handsome or homely, if we are famous or forgotten. Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely. Though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly. Though we may feel lost and without compass, God's love encompasses us completely."
So today, I am thankful for Love, and for all of you that I love and that show love to our family. Happy Valentines Day from our heart to yours.
2 comments:
I LOVE this post Mel. You are so sweet, sincere, deep and thoughtful. Your love for Matt, your boys and Heavenly Father is so real you can feel it coming through the page. I am thinking of you all day today ...on your BIRTHDAY! I hope you have a happy happy birthday. Is there a party for you at the A frame house? I look up to you so much and cherish every memory I have with you. All my love!
Heids
Mel, you are such a gem! Kudos to Matt for making your Valentine's Day special! I, too, love the pics of your boys on the beach! Handsome as can be!
Post a Comment