
The most joyful my life has ever been is when I have had a baby. First with Corban and now with Gavin. It is a joy that can only be explained by feeling so completely whole. I can't believe I have a little family with my dream husband. I just feel so full of Joy.
It was a long journey, I think of the first four months of nausea, throwing up at intersections and grocery stores then the last few months, waking up every hour to use the bathroom and the last weeks having really strong contractions all night to discover they were braxton hicks. I really wanted to try for a vbac and it was a good fight, in labor for about 17 hours working with the doctors and nurses to do everything I could knowing the risk involved. In the end, Gavin just wasn't fitting through my pelvis and it was ok because I knew I had done everything I could and in a few moments I was going to be able to see my baby.
We delivered at Hoag Hospital and it was such a nice experience. This was the view from our delivery room and will always remind me of trying to breathe through contractions. I could see a little strip of sand and I would just imagine that I was there laying out in the sun with no pain.

I have already learned that Gavin loves to snuggle. Put him in his crib alone, he is not happy but laying by my side he will sleep like a rock. The minute I move him, he knows.

This was one of our nurses Juliana who was wonderful. We talked about Hawaii to distract me from the stress and pain.

I was so happy Matt took off a few days from work and got to stay with me in the hospital for 3 nights. It was such a special time with just us three and it made me feel so thankful for him. The nurses all told me how lucky I was to have such a good man.

Our little bundle

Gavin got loved on by his aunt Aymie

This was a bittersweet day for me when Corban came to visit. I had not seen him in a few days, (longest I have ever gone without seeing him), and when he came to visit, he acted so strange towards me, like he was fine without me. I was thankful but also felt torn. He was not my only baby anymore but I now had so much more to give him with a sibling.
We thought it would be smart to give a good first impression of Gavin to Corban and gave Corban this gift from Gavin.



Matt and his boys

Corban was very much intrigued by this new little creature. He wanted to touch his toes, eyes, nose and mouth.

He would mimick Gavin's cry then say, "What's wrong?"

Already best buddies. I know Corban will be a wonderful example to his little brother.

Grandma and Grandpa Beeghley are Gavin's great grandparents

Auntie Mandie

The baby making team, I think we did pretty good.


Already holding his own pacifier

Back to real-life, leaving the hospital. Matt showed up after work to pick me up with a dozen charlene roses.
9 comments:
I can't wait to meet him!!
Hey you guys...WHAT a BEAUTIFUl blog entry...I sat here reading it with tears streaming down my cheeks..the song just so perfectly set the tone! How lucky and blessed your little family is! What a gift from Heaven, you little tiny Gaven! The memories we MOm's hold in our hearts of our babies arrivals evoke such tender feelings of gratitude, awe and such a closeness with our Heavenly family! My heart is with you all right now. Do everything slow and simple...remember, if you read one book to Corban, tell him something of his Savior or a little story from the scriptures, and snuggle that baby, and speak tenderly to "Your Man", your day has been a BIG success! Nothing more is needed, all your guys can grow in tenderness towards you as they serve you Mel, while you heal! Love Ya...Lori
CONGRATS GUYS!! He's sooo cute!!
All my boys have two middle names. J's full name is J Taylor Gavin. Super cool!
Mel-He is gorgeous. What a beautiful family you have. You have always been one of the happiest people alive. I admire you and your tiny pelvis very much! Congrats.
mel!!!!! gavin is so cute! congrats to you all! corban is going to be such a great big brother and i am so happy for you! wish i could come meet him!
Melody he is so cute! I love the pictures of Corban and him together. I am glad that you had such a good experience. Can't wait for him to meet Bruce! :)
I wish we could have been there! Cant wait to meet him!! Im glad you all look good and healthy. LOVE YOU!! The pic of Corban and Gavin reminds me of the pic we have of you and I when we were little. Im lucky to have you as my older sister!
coco
He is a DREEEAAM! I am so happy for your little family. How fun for Corban to have a little brother to play with. Of COURSE you sat and talked to the nurse about Hawaii and imagined yourself on the beach laying blissfully in the sand! I love you Mel. So full of life and love and passion and positive energy. And Matt...I couldn't even imagine a kinder more wonderful man for my Mel. I love you guys. I hope you are managing to get some sleep these days! Hope to meet the new bundle soon ;)
CONGRATS! Gavin is a babe!!
Post a Comment