Thursday, December 17, 2009

Motherhood

"One Surprise of motherhood for me was how little control I have. I thought it would be a blissful romance with me at the helm, cuddling this little creature. It's been bittersweet and humbling to let her lead and not try to be perfect myself". - Amanda Peet


I saw this quote in a magazine while Amy and I were getting pedicures yesterday and thought it was so well said. Especially since Corban is Mr. Independent. He will still snuggle up and watch a movie with me but he makes sure I know he is a big boy.

Corban and his favorite toy- so gross.

2 comments:

Dixons said...

i am so jealous of the cute pics you get of your little guy. Sienna is not a poser, and she doesn't sit still long enough to get good shots! Little booger. I love your Christmas decor. Oh, and P.S. I'm stealing your quotes from the CHristmas devotional. ;)

Ashley Slaten said...

Mel you've done such a good job with your blog - you inspire me! Corban is such the little man. You just can't help but smile when you see him. Hope we get to see you at Christmas.....BTW I loved the Christmas card and will probably be calling soon - I want to do some for Zoe's first birthday.