President Uchdorf
"One sees clearly only with the heart, anything essential is invisible to the eyes." (quoting a french story) -I love love this!
What some men esteem to be of great worth, others trample under their feet.
-All of the spectacular displays of Christmas that compete for our attention can be beautiful and uplifting but if that is all we see we are missing something that is in plain sight.
-Despite our best intentions, we become preoccupied with responsibilities, commitments and stress of our many tasks that we fail to see with our hearts that which is most sacred.
-He also shared how many people could not see the Savior even though he walked among them in plain sight. Only the poor, humble and meek saw him.
Can we see the Christ? Do we make time for him in our lives?
President Thomas S. Monson
-Joy comes as we show love and compassion inspired by the Savior of the world.
-As we contemplate how we will spend our money this Christmas season, let us plan also how we will spend our time to help bring the true spirit of Christmas into the lives of others
President Eyring
Tells of the Christmas story through all the scriptures we have
You can watch it and hear the beautiful Christmas music from the motab at www.lds.org
3 comments:
Good notes Mel! I loved the refresher from the devotional. It was amazing. Thanks for posting! I love your passion for the gospel. You continue to be an inspiration to me. Love you and Merry Christmas season!
We watched Elder Uchtdorf's talk last night for FHE...so good. I love it! Thanks for the good thoughts :)
I loved it too!
Post a Comment