I am five weeks away from being a new mom and I just have so many mixed emotions. I've been trying to learn as much as I can about labor and delivery and how to help a newborn sleep through the night. Overall I am just so excited to love this little boy and give him all the confidence in the world to succeed.
I love it that he will be part of both Matt and I, a physical reminder of the love I feel for his Father. I am also looking forward to being able to stay home and have time to make dinners take care of things at home. I honestly feel so blest in my life,
everything has fallen into place since we decided to take a leap of faith and get pregnant. If only I could have known from the beginning. I love our new place and our new neighbors, (two of them are pregnant and three others have little ones of their own). I love our ward and friends and the weather of Huntington Beach. I love living close to the ocean and feeling the energy it brings and I love my husband and the way he takes fatherhood seriously even now. I remember being so sad to leave Provo to move to the most expensive place in the US but it looks like the Lord knew better than I did what was in store for us. I still have a lot of preparation to do, (get a new car, decorate the nursery, pack my bags, wash baby clothes etc.) but by now, I know that the Lord will help me to feel and be prepared in all I do.
Notice that this is
one of my few pregnant outfits so you may see it a few times on the blog. This is a picture of me and my friend Ashley at a joint work baby shower. She is a month behind me. Does anyone else think I look huge?
5 comments:
you are such a cute pregnant mommy!
Look how beautiful you are and how darling your belly is! You are almost there! Check us out living out the dreams we talked about as we tracted in Rocky River!
I am so glad that you live so close. We can have such fun play dates when the little guy comes! You look great.
I like the header. It looks great.
Hey girl! I miss that cute prego belly of yours! Amen, sista! I know the feelings and emotions you are experiencing (only you made me more homesick by talking about all the things I miss about HB!). I, too, feel so blessed! Even when we don't fully understand it, Heavenly Father does have a pretty great plan for our lives, doesn't he!? Love and miss you!
Mel it was so fun hanging out with you guys last weekend for coco's wedding, I am SO happy for her! You should check out my blog because I put some sweet pictures on there of the wedding and of surfing. I was going to all along, I just didn't have enough time to do it when I did the first post. I love you! Good luck with the car shopping...
Post a Comment