Sunday morning is usually a very very hard time for me. 9:00 church, getting 4 kids ready for church and fed without getting food all over their clothes and trying really hard to get myself ready. I am ashamed to admit that I usually end up getting frustrated with my kids who will not brush their teeth after being asked at least 10 times, who wouldn't be frustrated amIright?
So a miracle happened, . . . our church time got moved to 11:00 and now we have a little cushion of time before church and this Sunday I looked at my four babies in their sunday best and I couldn't help completely adore them. Everything about them, their cheeks, little boy bottoms filling out slacks, the soft baby curls that even my 8 year old still has, the feminine nature of my girls and the way they watch me to learn how a lady acts and the sweet way my boys care about how I hairspray their hair to make sure the wave in front is just right.
They have this way of grounding me and bringing me back to the core of what really matters in life making me feel like I am capable of changing the world just by the way that I love them and teach them to love themselves. I took out my camera so I could remember these thoughts and then my 8-year-old Corban 6 year-old Gavin picked up my camera and documented our morning. I've been teaching both my boys a bit about photography so I let them do their thing and now I get to be on the other side of the lens and remember that this busy overwhelming time in my life was actually what I had always dreamed of. Heaven is here in these moments.











No comments:
Post a Comment