Friday, June 22, 2012

A True Man . . .

Loves his children, and this is one man who does that very well.



Corban helping Daddy sand his new bunk bed



My greatest moments in life are these:




Matt makes these boys feel so special, he plays with them, listens to what is on their mind and teaches by example. I knew he would be a good Dad but I didn't know he would be the "over-achiever Dad."

Jen Scott would be so proud! We continued our Father's Day tradition of making Matt a tie to wear to church on Father's day sunday. We thought a mariachi theme would be fun.



This is another true man, . . whenever I think of him I think of a scripture in Proverbs 17:27 "He that hath knowledge spareth his words: and a man of understanding is of an excellent spirit."

My dad got into a motorcyle accident about a week before Father's day so I thought about him a lot, although I always do, doesn't every girl hold a special place in her heart for her own Father? I recently found a note he put in my emergency earthquake kit from 4th grade. It was a full page detailing how much he loved me and consoling me through the tramatic experience. I have kept it all these years. How thankful I am for his love and support for me and helping me become the person I am today.

4 comments:

JS said...

Oh my! That tie has to be the best one i have seen! The theme... Amazing! The pom poms...outstanding! I LOVE it!!:)
Ps. I got that genius idea from Michelle nugyen! She is the genius behind the fathers day tie!:)

Sheryl said...

Love this post, love the photos, love them working together on the bunk beds (can't wait to see it), love the tie (awesome). Prayers to your dad and little brother.

Nicole and Sky said...

Love this post!! So cute mel. I also love the shout out to dad

Heidi Ann said...

Ohhhh my heart is melted Mel! I love the first pic. Priceless. All of them actually... adorable!! I love Matt and so glad he found you! Best tie ever btw. I am coming to see you asap! I've had visitors galore lately and I know you've been gone but can't wait to see you soon!