Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Easter

I love Easter time. Celebrating the life of the Savior, peaking out your window to see more flowers sprouting up each day, all of the colors, warmer weather and of course easter dresses and clothes. I didn't fully appreciate Easter until I had two cute little boys I could dress up and make cute ties for. This year Corban rebelled and refused to wear the yellow tie I had spent a good week making.
The easter egg hunt was so fun now that Corban is really 'getting' the hunt idea. I love watching him learn new things.
Egg hunting was a very serious thing this year as you can tell, . . .


Another thing that really helped me appreciate Easter this year was reading through the New Testament with Matt. I felt like I really came to know the Savior in a new way so when Easter came, his death and resurrection was so real. I found so many wonderful scriptures that I had forgotten I loved and they brought me so much peace. The teachings are so simple and powerful. It made me feel silly talking about the Easter bunny to Corban so we spent more time talking about Jesus through pictures.

Here are just a few gems from the new testament:

Matthew 16:26 "For what is a man profited if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?"


Matthew 18:1-4 "At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the Kingdom of heaven? And Jesus called a little child unto him and set him in the midst of them, And said, Verily I say unto you Except ye be converted and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven."


Matthew 11:28 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."


I love these words, they bring so much clarity to me in the crazy busy world we live in today.


Don't mind the multiples of this picture, I just love that everyone is looking and couldn't decide which one was best. I wish I had a picture of what Chair is doing on the other side of this picture to get those smiles.



Happy Easter everyone!

3 comments:

JS said...

They are all so cute! Corban looks so determined yo find more eggs! How funny

Alisa said...

mel, you're a hot momma! seriously, you look beautiful! I wish I lived near you to learn from you and to get to know your boys!

Kristina said...

You have the sweetest little family. We love and miss you guys!