Thursday, April 25, 2013

Update on the Babes

I tried so hard to narrow down the pictures to just three of Harper but each expression tells a new story of her. I love snuggling and holding her all day. I have to tell myself to put her down so she doesn't get spoiled and can learn to scoot around and crawl. Even now I can smell her Johnson's baby lotion all over my clothes and it makes me want to go pick her up asleep in her bed just to hold her cheek close to mine. Harper you are becoming such a little lady! Started eating all sorts of baby food but she gets in trouble if she doesn't eat enough prunes. She smiles all day and is very happy. She loves to feel new textures. She was so happy feeling the grass in her fingers today in the backyard. She just started to sit up and roll over. Lets be honest folks, can a baby girl be any sweeter than this?
 







 
Corban is loving being in preschool lately! I find that I miss him so much when he is gone and it makes me nervous for when he starts Kindergarten in the fall. He got into Competitive Edge Charter Academy which was such a blessing! If you have ever seen the movie waiting for superman, that was me at the drawing where they drew his name! He can write his name and knows almost all his letters. He still loves to snuggle me and we bake and make dinner together when Gavin is taking a nap. He is so gentle and protective of his baby sister. His best friend is still Gavin which I don't think there is anything else better in the world than seeing your children playing together. One of their favorite things to do is collect snails and they each choose one to race! It always ends up with Gavin chasing Corban with a snail telling him to eat it and both of them laughing. The not so funny thing is I saw Gavin spit one out of his mouth not too long ago. Being a mother of boys is a whole new world for me and I love it.
 



Gavin is totally our family clown. He cracks us all up all day long. He is a leader and has courage to do everything! Too much courage I think sometimes. He learned to ride his tricycle about 4 months ago and so now every afternoon we go on bike rides. His little legs go up and down so fast to keep up with his brother and he insists on wearing a helmet. I have also been able to have some special time with Gavin while Corban is at preschool in the mornings. I try to spend that time just playing with Gavin no matter how dirty my house is or how much I have to get done. One day I said, "What should we play today?" and he came out of his bedroom with wings on and told me I am the Momma butterfly and he is the baby butterfly and I have to chase him. He has an amazing imagination like his older brother so it is so fun to play with them. He is also starting to go potty in the toliet!


 
Gavin also loves to eat and it is not uncommon for me to come out of the shower and find this on the kitchen floor.

 
I am still learning so much as a mother and everyday trying to figure out how I can do better tomorrow. This is definitely the best job I have ever had, and where I feel most needed. They are helping me to become more selfless and patient. Our new motto is, "We can do hard things." I really want to raise resilient children who don't give up at the first sight of something hard and it really stretching me to do the same. They are my heroes.

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

Very cute pictures (as always) - it's exciting to see that although they look like siblings, they also have individual looks and personalities.