This Sunday was a very special day for our family. Matt gave our sweet Harper Brooke a blessing. I always cry when our children are blessed. There is something about holding a precious newborn and thinking of all the things you want for them to become that is overwhelming and wonderful as a parent. You realize how important your job is and how fast time will pass. The thing that stood out the most to me in the blessing was Matt talked about her being a peacemaker. I already feel like she is by nature. She was smiley and her usual mellow lovely self. It was a wonderful day.
Grandma Beeghley made her a gorgeous dress, one that will be passed down in our family. There are three important dresses she will wear in her life and this is one of them. Next her baptism dress and then lastly her own wedding dress. In the slip is sewn a small piece of my, Grandma Myra's, Grandma Sheryl and Grandma Beeghley's wedding dress to remind her of the amazing examples of women in her life and that we are all linked together.
Matt and I fought over who could hold her when we walked into church. I won, but he even wore a tie to match her.
Daddy daughter love
Gavin told me Harper was a princess.
So thankful for the support of our family that came out to be there for Harper. We missed those of you that couldn't make it but know you were here in spirit.















3 comments:
I LOVE THIS!!! So precious mel mel! I think you look gorgeous and so does Harper!
So sweet, so happy for you Mel!
She's beautifully precious. I'm so excited to finally meet her soon.
Post a Comment