We have been looking forward to this camping trip for a long time. South Carlsbad has fun waves, cliff beaches and the best ocean views. Not to mention we wish we lived there so it was fun to pretend for a few days. Matt did such a good job of packing our car, here is a shot of our most precious cargo.

When we first got to the campsite, Corban tried to look inside the fire ring that came right up to his upper lip, can you see the evidence?

Matt calls this his "new lady," I am a little jealous of her. Turn your head to the left and you will see some artwork on the surfboard Matt did of Corban's face. He was so creative, he always thought it would be so cool to have a picture of Corban on his surfboard so this is what he did- Found a picture he liked, turned it into a negative, printed it out on a plain old copier, cut out all the black parts, used black spray paint to spray it on his board. We are talking a Dad that has a lot of pride in his son and I love him for it.

Isn't the view awesome? Chair did a good job at picking the site.

Matt couldn't wait to get in the water

and Corban couldn't wait to get to shovelin'!

I couldn't wait to make some gluten-free dutch oven cobbler. It was so yummy and these were the only ingredients I used!

Charity also did a dutch oven apple crisp, this is before we put it in the fire.

And this was after, . . . lets just say we did it the next night too.

I can't wait to use my dutch ovens again it was so fun to do, good excuse to have a bonfire soon.

Corban was in heaven with his cousins, uncles, aunts and grandparents

Corban and I have the same size head so we swap beanie's once in a while.


I had to take a picture of this tent, this is where we three slept and this is how it looked with 3 bumps at about 12:00 am when the wind knocked it down. It was crazy windy, luckily we had motorhomes to crash in when the tent failed us. It was a pretty funny night, we couldn't stop laughing and Corban slept through it all!

I think Brent-man is cracking Corban up in this picture. Isn't this mini camp chair so cute!


Connelly and Amber- BFF

flying kites

Chair and Julia
The best part of the whole trip was just spending time with the people we love the most at the beach. Hope we can find an excuse to come back down this way again soon. Del-Mar Fair is just around the corner!
3 comments:
It looks like you guys had so much fun! I'm jealous! Camping at the beach + spending time with all our fun family + being by Del Mar = ultimate vacation! I can't wait to see you guys this week!
Oh that looks like a dream! Oh man..so fun at the beach. What cute boys you have. I LOVE how Matt took the time and creativity to put your son on his board. What a sweetie! I miss you always Mel!
Love the pics! Wish we were there!!! I was laughing at mostly all of them...
Post a Comment