It was a Saturday Morning and Corban and I were just hanging out at home while Matt was surfing when I saw this TV armoir sitting by the dumpster. I jumped in the truck and drove over to it, had a couple passer-by's help me load it into the truck and I had myself a new piece of furniture. I wish I had taken a before picture, it used to be green.
What we did:
-Matt whacked at it with a hammer and screw-driver to make it look distressed
-Painted it brown, hated it
-Got a great idea from Jen Schumman about how to fix it
-Painted it ivory
-Used paint thinner around the edges and corners to make it look more rustic
-Bought new knobs at Home Depot
-Begged Matt for three weeks to move it into the apartment
-Love it, especially since we did it together
Matt made this one from scratch last Christmas
3 comments:
That is totally awesome! How very thrifty of you and talented. It is always a treat to catch up with you and your family on your blog. That little boy is quite the ham.
-LaRae
Wow! That looks so awesome! How fun that you did it together too! You & Matt are so cute together! I want to find a little night stand and paint it like a Vintage pink for Brooke's room! Thanks for the ideas on how to do it! :) I miss HB and everyone there! We still need to get together sometime! Corban is such a chunk and SOOOO cute! What a cute little family you have! :)
Real quick...I love this furniture to death! You guys did a great job. Mel, I don't think you're talking about the right Matt if you had to beg him to do anything, because I know for a fact he'd do anything for you...anytime. If that's not the case, smack him for me. P.S. That Corban is so hot right now. Serve me up a plate of piping hot Corban!
Post a Comment