Tuesday, March 25, 2008

more cakes

This was Jenn's bridal shower cake. If you look closely you can see the pictures of Jenn and Jay in the roses. This one was fun to make because Charity helped me and we got to work together.

This is my version of a peppermint candy, I brought it to a "cookie exchange," after learning what a cookie exchange was, I was a little embarrassed because it wasn't really something that everyone could add to their Christmas goodie plates to give out to people. It was good practice anyways!

This cake was so fun to make, Matt helped me because my hand got so sore from decorating it. I made it for my friend Amber Sim's little boy Jake. Maybe soon I'll be making this for my own little guy! It's one of the first cakes I have done without fondant.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the soccer ball cake!
Sheryl

Dixons said...

You've got mad skills, Mel! ;) I love seeing all these fun cakes...and I've been lucky enough to taste 3 of them! Not only do they look adorable, but they taste great too! We need to get together soon.

Emily C said...

Melody! your cakes look so beautiful! you are so talented! thanks for sharing the lemon meringue. it was crunchy and chewy and lemony goodness all in one bite!!

i'm excited for you to share you cake making talents with the recipe club. it will be a fun night!

Heidi Ann said...

You know I didn't know you were a cake artist! I once got inspired to do that when I lived with you in HI! I made a computer cake..remember? Anyways i am so sorry about the not visiting you. Our plane tickets got us there late friday, all day sat was wedding stuff and we left sun morning. NOt cool. It's ok though cause now i just need to plan a time to come see you for the whole weekend! How is the pregnancy? I'm so excited your having a boy!
Write me back asap. WE need to talk and make plans..love you so much sweet pea

Kristina said...

Hey Mel - nice cakes! I saw your link on Brittany's blog, so I checked you out! We miss you guys - you can check our blog at portlockfamily.blogspot.com. You will know more about what goes on with the boys than you ever wanted to know:)